All service work processed through our facility for both repair and/or calibration are subject to the below terms and conditions:
1. Repair and calibration risks:
Electronic repairs and calibrations can be unpredictable. We repair circuit boards down to microscopic SMD components, repairs at this level can be particularly difficult, complex, and risky. Circuit board components deteriorate over time and can fail without warning especially on liquid damage devices where components can short circuit, oxidize, corrode, and rust over time. Your device may be beyond repair or may be permanently damaged during repair or calibration process.
For example, repairs on instruments can often involve prying on areas, such as a screen or cover to access internal components. Screens are very delicate and can crack or break during the prying process. We are highly experienced, and the risk of breakage is minimal, but things can break, and risks do exist.
By accepting service from Zedflo Australia, you understand and agree to release Zedflo Australia from and against all claims, demands, liabilities, losses, costs, and expenses, including financial and other consequential losses, made, suffered, or incurred by you or any other person or entity.
2. We require thorough fault descriptions for repairs:
Included with any device or instrument sent in for repair we require a thorough description of the fault and if possible, directions or method we can follow to replicate the problem. Any faults that are not disclosed or described may not necessarily be picked up during inspections or calibrations.
Some simple repairs we price cheaply to just quickly resolve the reported problem only, for simple repairs we do not perform a check on all functions, so any issue you did not disclose likely will not be discovered by us.
Often and where possible we offer a suggested calibration at additional cost, this way we can check all test functions are working and accurate. If another issue that was not disclosed is later found it will carry additional cost to repair.
While we try to be as thorough as possible with all estimates, we do not guarantee that our estimate is all-inclusive and final. Often, it is very difficult or impossible to identify every problem affecting a device until some work is performed. Our estimates may evolve or change during servicing your device. If our technicians need to update the estimate, we will let you know as soon as possible before we proceed any further. All changes must be approved by you before we move on with any work. Our initial estimate will always remain valid within the scope of the services it was originally attached to, though we may advise you that the original service may have become unnecessary or unlikely to resolve the issue.
4. 120 days limited after service warranty and exclusions:
Limited after service warranty for repairs is 120 days from date of invoice and only applies to repairs carried out by Zedflo Australia. This warranty excludes repairs carried out by third parties where we are subject to the terms and conditions of the third party.
In the event the instrument has a failure within our after-service warranty period we will perform the service again at no extra charge. All parts used to service your device is also guaranteed for 120 days from the date of invoice.
4.1 Exclusions or reasons why it may be void:
- Recurrence of original symptoms or issues caused by user error or negligence in the 120 day guarantee period, including but not limited to physical damage (drops, crushing, exposure to temperature extremes), liquid damage (spills on and liquid immersion of the device), electrical damage (improper grounding, contact with poorly performing or damaged electrical networks) If your device is physically tampered with or damaged within the warranty period, voids the Zedflo Australia limited after service warranty.
This includes but is not limited to cracked screens, dents to the casing, internal damage does not present at time of original repair, attempts to open, or modify the device, using non original charging cables to charge your device, or any other action, accidental or intentional, that could cause our repair to fail.
- In some cases, we cannot offer this ’120 day limited after service warranty’.
In cases where we are not offering warranty with the repair
- Corrosion and water damage: If an electronic device has water or corrosion damage it’s often better to replace it. Even when cleaned up it may still have a small presence of corrosion within wires or components and could come back and grow over time especially in high humidity environments. We cannot offer any kind of warranty on water or corrosion damaged repairs if a problem recurred any subsequent repairs would carry additional cost or at that point you might decide to replace it.
- For any other reason we will mention it at time of estimate or quoting.
- Within our limited after service warranty, we do not cover or reimburse any associated freight costs to ship the goods back to us for subsequent re-assessment or repair, any associated costs will be your responsibility.
- A claim may be denied for any reason. We are reasonable and fair, but exclusions are determined by Zedflo Australia.
5. Subsequent failure following a repair
Typically, if your device malfunctions or fails again within 120 days from date of invoice, we will perform the repair again at no charge. The issue must be related to the original service job (this is determined by Zedflo Australia.)
If the issue is determined to be unrelated, or we have denied the declined the claim for any of the above-mentioned reasons within ‘Exclusions or reasons why it may be void’, then you will be notified about any additional repair cost before we move forward with additional repairs.
No refunds are issued before we inspect the instrument again, so we can verify the validity of the claim. Refunds are only issued if we are not able to fix your device minus the repair attempt fee and return shipping.
6. Checks after we perform repairs under manufacturer’s warranty:
We are authorised repair and calibration agents for various manufacturers of brands we represent and distribute, certain manufacturers authorise us to perform warranty repairs on their behalf here in our local facility.
When we perform a warranty repair, depending on the severity of the issue, we may determine what level of after repair checking is required and included at no cost. In most cases for example:
- If we determine the cause as something simple like a loose wire, we will not perform a full conformance check or calibration, but instead just a basic check to confirm that the described fault is resolved.
- Be aware any non-described fault may still be present as not all functions will necessarily be checked.
- In many cases where possible we will offer an optional upgrade to full calibration, opting for this is suggested so we can check all instrument measurements are functioning within specification and we would likely pickup any other issues during the calibration.
- If we determine it to be a major failure, something like PCB replacement or PCB repair likely to affect measurement circuits, then we will usually perform a conformance check to ensure the unit is performing within manufacturer’s specifications (a conformance check is essentially running through our normal calibration procedure but without providing test results or a calibration certificate, we will instead issue a ‘certificate of conformance’.)
- In many cases where possible we will offer an optional upgrade to full calibration with test certificate and results at a heavily discounted rate. Then we can record the results and issue a full calibration certificate.
7. Possibility of voiding warranty:
We are authorised repair and calibration agents for various manufacturers of brands we represent and distribute. However, that is not necessarily the case for all items and instruments that we may sell, service, repair, or calibrate. Depending on the device we may not know if your device is still within its warranty period or know what may void its warranty. Some services performed by Zedflo Australia may void a manufacturer’s warranty or a 3rd party warranty. By accepting service from Zedflo Australia, you understand and agree that we are not held liable for voiding any warranty on your device.
8. Who is responsible for freight costs for a warranty assessment?
8.1 For manufacturer’s warranty claims:
Typically, you are responsible to bring in or ship the item back to us for assessment if necessary. You will need to pay the associated shipping costs to deliver the device back to us for assessment. If you are making a warranty claim, please keep your receipt for the shipping cost. If your device qualifies for warranty repair we can cover reasonable return shipping costs and can re-imburse reasonable shipping costs you incurred to send the device back to us.
8.2 Within our limited 120 day after service warranty:
We do not cover or reimburse any associated freight costs to ship the goods back to us for subsequent re-assessment or repair, any associated costs will be your responsibility, additionally we do not cover associated return freight cost’s.
9. Repair and calibration turnaround time
We pride ourselves on the speed of our repairs and calibrations, however many of the factors that determine the time length of the service are beyond our control. Most services are completed within 1 week; however, we offer no guarantees of how long the service will take. Any references to service times on our website or in promotional materials are our best estimates based on previous experience and are not meant to represent an exact time frame or offer any guarantees of service time.
Expediting is available at additional cost for urgent jobs, please contact us to discuss this further.
10. Non stocked replacement parts
While we keep an extensive range of spare parts and accessories, we don’t have every spare part in stock. If a service requires non stocked parts to complete, we will contact and inform you of the need prior to ordering any parts. Special ordering parts will increase the total turnaround time and we will typically give an estimate of when the part will likely arrive. Due to shipping times being beyond our control, our estimate is a best guess and is not intended to guarantee arrival by a specific time.
11. Minimum fee for inspection, assessment, repair, or calibration attempt
Currently our minimum fee is $80 +GST.
This minimum fee applies to any device or instrument sent into us. The fee may be higher than this in some cases, for example if we need to courier the device to a third party for inspection then any associated costs will be passed on.
Inspection / assessment fee: Often there is significant time and work involved in just diagnosing a fault. For any device sent in for inspection or assessment the minimum fee is applicable. If we quote a repair and you decide not to proceed with the quoted work the fee is applicable.
If the fault is determined to be warranty claimable: then this fee is waived.
Repair attempt fee: The minimum fee applies if a repair is unsuccessful or if we determine it to be uneconomical to repair. We will typically offer a ‘repair by replacement’ option as an alternative rather than charging this fee if possible.
Calibration attempt fee: We may charge up to the full quoted calibration price even in the event the calibration ‘failed’. The same work (or even more work in some cases) is involved with checking/calibrating a failing instrument when compared with a passing instrument. In some cases where there is an obvious fault that we cannot resolve we may cut the calibration short and charge a cheaper fee than the full quoted calibration price.
12. Removal of accessories and/or fittings
We request you to give us your device without accessories fitted. Your device may have accessories or fittings removed repair or calibration. For safety reasons we may not put the instrument/device back to the same ‘as found’ state and we do not accept responsibility to fully reassemble accessories such as hoses back onto an instrument.
13. Extra fee for disassembly or assembly
We request you give us your device or instrument without any accessories fitted. We may charge an extra disassembly/assembly fee to cover the time spent on assembly or disassembly to access the instrument we are working on within a larger “set of instruments” if it’s built into a case or box for example.
14. Changing modes/functions
During repair or calibration, we will likely need to change device settings, modes, or function displays.
Unless specially requested, we may not return the instrument with the same settings, modes or functions as received. It is the customer’s responsibility to know how to use their device and adjust its settings. We are happy to assist with this if required.
15. Data loss
Customers should back-up and clear stored results on testers. Due to the complex nature of electronic devices, we cannot in advance predict what may happen to your data in every situation. We strongly encourage you to back up any important files and documents before you drop off or mail in your device for service.
While we take every precaution possible to make sure the integrity of your data is unaffected, we do not accept liability for any lost data because of services performed.
16. Pickup time limit and storage
Due to our limited storage capacity, we will hold on to devices for up to 60 days after we contact you to pick up your device. After the 60 days period, if we have not heard from you, we will consider your device abandoned and Zedflo Australia will have the right to sell the device to recover service cost and parts used to fix your device, or we’ll recycle the device if it’s non-functional. We cannot guarantee that your equipment will not be discarded after the initial 60 day period, so it is critical that you pick up your equipment on time or make arrangements with us to store your equipment until you can pick it up.
17. Pre-Paid or Non-Account Customers
Customers without account terms should pay invoice upon completion, we will provide an invoice which may be paid by bank transfer, instore by card, EFT, or credit card. We can accept correct cash only as we do not have cash facilities in store.
18. Shipping Policy
- If we are shipping your item back to you, we will typically use an airbag service if suitable (depending on contents, size, and weight) larger items are typically sent road express, other services may be possible, but the price will vary so additional costs may be incurred.
- For non-account customers, goods will not dispatch until payment has been received into our account, some payment methods can take days for the bank to process so the dispatch date may vary depending on your payment method.
- Any delivery transit times we mention apply from the date of dispatch and refer to ‘business days’ not ‘calendar days’.
- Transit times are an estimate and can vary, once the freight has dispatched the transit time is out of our control. If delivery is more than 2 business days late, please contact us so we can investigate it.
18.2 Transit Warranty
No transit warranty is included as standard, and Zedflo does not accept liability for any loss or damage caused while in transit.
Postal insurance may be available from couriers which may be used to claim for loss or damage occurred during transit – please ask prior to shipping and we will enquire about pricing for purchasing this additional service.
18.3 Authority to Leave
Zedflo typically uses business to business courier services, and the delivery address will need to be attended for delivery. Zedflo may quote an alternative delivery service or pass on an ‘Authority to Leave’ request to allow unattended delivery, however we do not accept responsibility for the courier service provider, or any loss or damage to items.
18.4 International Shipping
Zedflo’s incoterms are Ex Works, our Wangara warehouse, WA 6065, Australia. Where Zedflo quotes an international courier service, please carefully check the incoterms associated with the service. You will be responsible for any, and all additional fees and/or duties associated with delivery of goods.