Since its foundation 60 years ago METREL has accumulated a wealth of knowledge in the field of Electrical Testing and Measurement.
Part of this knowledge is infused into every Instrument that they produce, while the other is disseminated through Training Courses, Modules, Handbooks, White Papers, Charts, Posters and Good to know Brochures.
As part of its Product Range METREL have developed Training Modules and Demonstration Boards in both HV and LV for the use in Universities, Technical Colleges and other Training Facilities to give Students both Theoretical Knowledge and Practical Experience through various programmed Exercises.
These Training Modules and Demonstration Boards allow for:
- Theoretical and Practical Training of Electrical Engineers, Tradesman, Contractors, Apprentices and other qualified personnel in Electrical Measurement and Safety Procedures
- The conducting of Examinations to ascertain a Student’s Competence Level
- The Demonstration of how to use different Measurement Instruments and Testers
The 2 Main Training Modules in the METREL Training range are the MI 3298 HV POWER NETWORK APPLICATION TRAINER and the MI 3399 LV ELECTRICAL SAFETY and QUALITY APPLICATION TRAINER.
The MI 3298 POWER NETWORK APPLICATION TRAINER is based on a “puzzle” type concept which allows for the simulation and training of different measurement situations in the High Voltage Field.
This “puzzle” concept is ideally suited for Training and Education of larger groups of people as well as for independent practice.
Due to the various Integrated Electrical Elements the modules enable complete Testing, Troubleshooting and Practice on Earth, Insulation Measurement as well as Power Transformer Measurements.
The Key features of the POWER NETWORK APPLICATION TRAINER are:
- Ground Network Impedance
- Cable Impedances, Resistances and Insulation
- Earth Surface Potentials
- HV Insulation Analysis
- Fault Simulated Step and Contact Voltage
- Transformer Impedance
- Pylon Selective Legs
- Winding Resistance Measurement
- HF Earth Impedance
- Transformer Turns Ratio
Due to its design the MI3298’s different Modules allow for separate evaluation as an independent system or can be connected together to express the interconnectivity problems and influences between them.
By the simulation of different types of errors the trainee will be able to practice Analysis and Troubleshooting procedures.
Using this type of approach the trained personnel will be given clear information on Testing Methods, Measured Values and Results on known systems as well as an overview of situations where Systems are becoming more complex when connected together.
The Modules of the POWER NETWORK APPLICATION TRAINER allow for:
Earth/Ground Network Impedance Analysing
- Power Generator, Transformer and Coils
- Insulating Material Analyses
All Training Modules in the POWER NETWORK APPLICATION TRAINER are supported with Handbooks, Posters, Charts, Presentations, Exercises, Catalogues of Knowledge and Catalogues of Examinations.
Approved Certificates maybe issued when localizing modules to meet the require Countries regulations.
METREL’s Low Voltage Trainer the MI 3399 uses the same principals as the MI 3298 High Voltage Trainer but in Low Voltages.
This Demonstration Board’s Key Features are:
- Insulation Resistance
- Continuity of PE Conductors
- Line Impedance
- Loop Impedance
- RCD Testing (Contact Voltage, Trip-Out Time, Trip-Out Current Autotest
- IMD, ELM, RCM Leakage and Insulation Monitors adjustment and Test
- Earth Resistance (2, 3, 4 Wire, Two Current Clamps)
- Specific Earth Resistance
- Lightning Protection Loops and Legs Resistance
- Surge Protector Test
- Leakage Current
- Phase Rotation
- AUTO SEQUENCE (procedure for TN, TH or IT Earthing Systems
- Power Quality
The design of the MI 3399 allows for the demonstration of 65 different measurements and Testing methods.
The most significant elements of the MI 3399 are integrated:
- RCD of different Types
- PE Equalization Bars
- 1 and 3 Phase Sockets
- Various Earth Systems (TT, TN and IT)
- Surge Protector
- IMD Insulation Monitor and more
Training Course which can be performed using the MI 3399 Modules are:
- LV Electrical Installation Safety
- TN/TT/IT Earthing Systems
- Lightning Protection
- Surge Protection
- Special Installation and Locations Safety
- Vehicle and Mobile Units Safety
In addition to Training Modules that come standard on the MI 3399 additional Training Module are available for Training on:
- Power and Voltage Quality
- Appliance and Machine safety
- Photovoltaic Systems
In addition to the 65 Test and Measurement Methods that are able to be demonstrated using the MI 3399 you can also simulate 30 different errors which will enable the Trainees to learn and practice analysis and troubleshooting procedures.
As with the High Voltage Trainer the MI 3298 the MI 3399’s Modules are supported with Handbooks, Posters, Charts, Presentations, Exercises, Catalogues of Knowledge and Examinations.
The METREL Training and Demonstration Boards offer any Training or Educational Facility that uses them a quality product which ensures that all persons trained on them will have gained a sound Knowledge of Electrical Test Measurement, Analysis , Trouble Shooting and Safety.